According to the literature, the mortality rate from ischemic stroke up to 30 days from the moment of occurrence is 20%, with 45% of deaths occurring within the first two days. However, the survival rate for the first year of life is 70%, after 5 years – 30%, after 10 years – 25%. Secondary stroke during the first year of life develops in 10–12% of cases, after 5 years – in 30%. Currently, atherosclerosis is one of the main causes of ischemic stroke, but 20–22% of ischemic strokes has a cryptogenic (unknown) character of occurrence. Stroke associated with “dissection” of the vessel, according to some data, is observed in 25–32% of all ischemic strokes.
Endovascular intervention in acute disorders of cerebral circulation is currently the most effective and safe method of treatment, and in some cases can serve as the main method. According to the latest recommendations of ESVX (European Society of Vascular Surgeons), emergency endovascular thrombectomy should be performed within the first 6 to 8 hours after the first clinical symptoms.
The article presents a clinical case of successful thrombextraction from the internal carotid artery, as a result of the development of acute retrograde thrombosis of the stent of the internal carotid artery. According to the results of emergency endovascular intervention, a successful clinical outcome was obtained with a complete regression of the patient's neurological symptoms during the first day.
- 1. Saskin V.A., Pankov I.A., Zorin A.A., Chasnik M.V., Nedashkovsky E.V. Dissection as a cause of thrombosis of the internal carotid artery and a target for interventional treatment of acute ischemic stroke. Vestnik Anesteziologii I Reanimatologii (Bulletin of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care). 2019; 16 (4): 84–9 (in Russ.). DOI: 10.21292/2078-5658-2019-16-4-84-89
- Agafonova M., Maslova N., Agafonov K., Ulacen T. Cognitive impairment and anosognosia in the acute period of ischemic stroke. Vrach (Doctor). 2018; 29 (3): 35–7 (in Russ.). DOI: 10.29296/25877305-2018-03-08
- Prekina V.I., Samolkina O.G. Metabolic drugs in the treatment of cerebrocardial syndrome in ischemic stroke. Moscow; 2014 (in Russ.). DOI: 10.17513/np.114
- Boyko V.V., Ivanova Yu.V., Prasol V.A., Andreev S.A., Pulyaev I.S. Surgical treatment of atherothrombotic and hemodynamic forms of ischemic stroke. Klinicheskaya Khirurgiya (Clinical Surgery). 2018; 85 (8): 5–8 (in Russ.). DOI: 10.26779/2522-1396.2018.08.05
- Ziganshina L.E., Abakumova T.R. Cerebrolysin for acute ischemic stroke. Letopis’ Rossiyskoy Akademii Meditsinskikh Nauk (Annals of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences). 2013; 68 (1): 21–9 (in Russ.). DOI: 10.15690/vramn.v68i1.533
About the authors
- Nikolay A. Chigogidze, Cand. Med. Sc., Head of Department, ORCID
- Eziz D. Sultanov, Postgraduate, ORCID
- Magomedrasul K. Musaev, Deputy Head of Department, ORCID